Tuesday 18 May 2010

Walking on sunshine

Just sitting on Crianlarich station platform awaiting the 9.36 to take me to my start for the day. Its a lovely sunny morning and the knees may get an airing this morning.
There's lots of people walking WHW and this place is end of day 3 for most of them. Listening to the stories of blisters and aches and pains, seeing people gingerly hobbling around reminds me of myself only a week ago. They say time is a great healer.
Jim and his group of 6 Glaswegians shared my room last night, two could barely walk and one had already missed a 15 mile stage. Still they managed 3 hours in the Rod and Reel. I also met Scott from Warrington who had to miss a day because of blisters. Hope they are all back on track today.
Some pics on Loch Lomond taken yesterday.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

4 comments:

  1. STEVE. I THINK I'VE FINALLY FOUND OUT HOW TO DO IT. GOOD LUCK I'M WATCHING YOU.

    ADRIAN MORRIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve, I have been following your progress for the last few days and love the photo's. Have been fortunate enough to have been to all the places you have in Scotland so I know the scenery is spectacular no matter what the weather. But I hope it stays fine and dry for you and keep up the good work. Best Wishes Joy @ SOS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve,

    Crianlarich station - are I remember it well - the only place to get a cup of tea for miles around, though it sounds like you've found more than tea.

    Still with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello ther my fav uncle, have you seen any haggis men yet??? Mark sends his apologies for not being able to come and meet you on your travels, he wishes you lots of good luck with the rest of your journey...and he holds all blues responsible for his torn ligaments!!!! loadsa love from all us Robbo's xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete