Wednesday 26 May 2010

There is a green hill far away

And I went over it yesterday. 9 miles of seclusion between Traquair and Selkirk with glorious views.
When I arrived in Selkirk to be picked up by Cliff and Jan I got the surprise of my life when my old school mate Joey Davies got out of the car as well.
He'd only come all the way from Wirrall just to walk a day with me. How cool is that.
My blister on the left foot is playing up but its into the fourth day so hopefully will be OK soon.
17 miles today to Bonchester Bridge then a blessed day off tomorrow.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

4 comments:

  1. that is cool dad, sure you guys had loads to catch up on and it passed the time of day x
    Your doing well, 23 followers

    £600.00 for Alzheimers so far :)

    Love Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give my regards to all and sundry. Keep going big buddha.
    Peter H

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice to meet you on your walk from Peebles to Selkirk. we were the two with the pushchair training for the moonwalk. when you told me that you walked on average a day what we are planning to in one night i didnt feel so fit.lol

    after meeting you we returned back in the afternoon only to meet another fellow walker doing the opposite to you. did you meet him? he had a thumb stick and beard.

    best of luck

    we will checkup on here from time to time where you have goto.

    p.s. my wife has now copied your route and has added it to her 50 things to do list.

    carleton and jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. oi..who are you calling a budha!!helen,xx

    ReplyDelete