Monday 17 May 2010

Trains and boats and planes

I've done them all now. Today is a day off but, like all council people I've gone to work.
I get really bored on my rest days and as I was feeling so good this morning I jumped the train to Ardlui on the west side of Loch Lomond and got the ferry over to the east to pick up the WHW path back to Crianlarich. Tomorrow I will do the same train and ferry then head south. Hopefully it will make the next two days easier.
For the last 10 days or so e very time I've been near woods I've heard a Cuckoo calling. After a while it seems as though its shouting You Fool, You Fool. yesterday I started calling back to see if I could quieten it, was I embarrassed when I turned the corner and walked into a large group of walkers.
Country is good for mountain goats as I hope the pic shows
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve, just been reading your blog, I love Scotland spent some time there last year, its a wonderful place. Your doing a fantastic thing in raising money for 2 fantastic causes. I shall follow your progress with interest. Keep up the fantastic effort. We are so proud of you.
    Kind Regards
    Tracy Mounsey
    A/C Rotherham, Support Our Soldiers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia Barrett19 May 2010 at 10:47

    Hi Steve

    We met and chatted about your walk at the Crianlarich YH on Monday morning. I am so impressed by what you are doing and will be donating to both charities. You make me feel like a wimp, I got so tired just driving home that I had to climb in the back of my car for a kip!! And you were so casual about your blisters too, my feeling is, if your feet hurt so does the rest of you, but obviously mind over matter is working for you.

    Good luck and I will follow your progress with great interest.

    Patricia Barrett in Ramsbottom, Lancashire

    ReplyDelete