Sunday 9 May 2010

I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK

What a tough one that was. I had it down as 14 miles but hadn't counted either the terrain or the extra distance of the Great Glen Way.
I'm not good with conversion of miles to kilomeerts but I went past a marker which said I'd done 18k and had 10.8 to do, that has to be more than 14 miles.
Met up with Gareth from Burnley who was out for a Sunday stroll and he walked the whole way with me. The conversation kept me going and we completed in 6 hours.
That apart, the walk along and across the river Ness was beautiful and the first sight of Loch Ness stunning.
Good beer to finish, Isle of Skye Black Cuillin.
In case your wondering, there was an info. Board on the way which said that 2000 Canadian lumberjacks had been shipped in during the last war to help provide timber for the war effort.
Pics show a view back to Inverness after 90 mins and my first view of Ness
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

1 comment:

  1. 17.9 miles was your distance. tough one but my day was harder! flooring since 8am

    ReplyDelete