Thursday 27 May 2010

Walking in the air

Yesterday was my walk from Selkirk to Bonchester Bridge and I was accompanied by my old mates Cliff and Joey. At times it seemed like a scene from Last of the Summer Wine, 3 old blokes ambling through the countryside looking foe mischief. Not sure who was playing the part of Compo.
The walk itself took us through some lovely quiet country lanes and we stopped for lunch on the village green at Denholm.
Unfortunately Cliff ended with a few blisters and this could throw doubt on him walking with me tomorrow. Got to look after him, he's older than me you know.
Jan has got her hands full here at the moment, not only with Joey and I but also with 3 guys from Wirral stopping while they erect the new conservatory. Its a good job she's such an excellent host.
We all ended in the Horse and Hounds last night, it was Deuchars IPA for me Maggie, and I found that I was drinking with Brownie - a good friend of my nephew Mark. On top of that Trevor lives up the road from my Sister in Law Sue.
Its a small world.
Pic shows Cliff and Joey, tired but delighted at the end of 17 miles, with Rubers Law in the background.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

3 comments:

  1. good mornin steve, hope brownie didn't keep you up to late, its a small world alright.Hope your blister is better today and may be the ipa has sorted out your belly !! anyway keep it up steve and look forward to catching up soon cheers Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see from google maps that you've crossed the "Ale Water", but what surprised me was that you left it behind. I wonder what that tasted like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making great progress Steve - after Lenzie, hopefully you have learned an invaluable lesson when walking with others - always navigate yourself!!!

    Keep it going!!

    ReplyDelete