Thursday 20 May 2010

I'm so excited

After the poor start yesterday the day improved, weather got better and I found somewhere for breakfast. Its amazing what a bacon roll and a cup of tea can do for your outlook on life.
I was soon in Drymen ( if you call 8.5 hours soon), arriving too early to check in I bought supplies for the next day and settled down in a corner of the bar in the Clachan Inn. Houstons Peters Well was a good choice.
Russell Whitmore, a LEJOG end to ender from Redditch called in and we shared tales of the road for an hour before agreeing to meet back there later for a meal.
Russell brought further news of Sam, who he had met further down the country but still soldiering on.
We wished each other well and agreed to meet up after I get home.
Today I am only going 13 miles to Milngavie - I can't believe I am using the word only with 13 miles but that's how its starting to feel.
Its exciting to know that David will be meeting me, the first family and friend in 3 weeks. I will have completed my first stage.
I leave you to decide which of these is Russell.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

3 comments:

  1. Only 13 miles!!...lol....I take it Russel is the one without the horns! your doing great Steve, I've attached your blog to my facebook page and everyone's been phoning me asking when STEVE started the LEJOG walk and how come they were'nt aware of it.........STEVE is my hubby, an ex REME veteran and defo not a walker. Hope you have a good & safe day,
    regards
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. long lost brothers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be something about "men of a certain age"...

    ReplyDelete