Saturday 29 May 2010

South of the border

I had a change of plan yesterday and walked to Keilder rather than Byreness, it was an easier walk on quieter roads so a good choice.
Before I rang for my lift back to Bonchester Bridge I managed a celebratory pint of High House Farm brewery's Black Moss, a great way to mark my return to England.
Last night I bade farewell in the Horse And Hounds to the people in BB who had made me so welcome and remarkably had no after effects this morning.
I'm now at the south end of Kielder Water after 2 hours walking and at least 3 more to go.
Thanks once again to Jan and Cliff and Ella for making me so welcome, I nearly decided to stay.
Thanks also to Trevor, Brownie and Maca for their generous contribution and to Jan from Inversnaid and Carleton and Jenny for their comments. I did say hello to the other Endtoender but we didn't stop for a chat.
Pic of Kielder Water
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

1 comment:

  1. Hope the rain held off Steve. You'll enjoy Bellingham. Need to tell Richie Mckie that you don't quite qualify as Ponderosa. Quite a network of Old Instonians logging in.

    Cliff Griffiths

    ReplyDelete