Saturday 1 May 2010

Is this the way to Latheronwheel

OK I'm struggling for titles.
Just thinking about getting up for breakfast, ordered the full works today - I was good yesterday and only had scrambled egg.
It's over17 miles today, all the way on A99 so I'm not looking forward to it.
Last night I avoided the rain while having a meal and a couple of pints of Elgoods Black Dog. If I get beer as good as that throughout the journey I'll be pretty happy.
I did cause a bit of a problem though - how was I to know that the local protocol is to wait in the queue not go straight to the bar?
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve, good to hear you're starting your day with a hearty breakfast!! Any haggis sightings yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, I wasn't sure of the song title? Can't say I'm familiar with it. Perhaps you could record it whilst walking cheerfully to your next destination and post it in .wav form for us all to enjoy? Not? Whatever!
    I didn't realise that the thirst for bitter is stronger than the urge to heal sore feet! We will have to get you some when you come over for the world cup??? Currently we have 3 double bedrooms available.
    I hope that winter has truly left the UK as it has arrived here with a passion. It has been bitterly cold this weekend. Naturally this coincided with a 12 hour return motorcycle trip through the central north island. The snow capped mountains looked gorgeous, but the temp was not!.. Happy tramping!

    ReplyDelete