Friday 14 May 2010

Hit the road Jack

I suppose that I should start by saying that my stop at Fort William Backpackers was not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be and here's a pic to prove it. My room did have 7 blokes each night but I was lucky in not having anyone in the bunk above me.
Last night I ended having a most interesting conversation with Robert, a Pole, and Yudi, an Indonesian. Does life get more surreal than that?
On my walk today I was obviously going the wrong way as I counted more than 60 going to FW.
I stopped and chatted to quite a few and two lovely young ladies - they told me to put that in - gave me 10 quid from their drinks kitty.
When I got to Kinlochleven I asked directions to the pub from the school crossing lady. She hailed from Wavertree so we had a conversation about the Picton Clock.
At the MacDonald Hotel I had a pint of Atlas brewery 3 sisters ale, brewed in the village and very nice it was too.
While there I overheard the three Belgians at the next table ringing someone about a Lost Property note they had discovered on the trail. They obviously had the item of lost clothing
At the same time a phone rang at the other end of the bar and, you've guessed it, it was the owner of the lost trousers.
Todays pics are some views from the walk today, finishing with a view over Kinlochleven.


Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment