Sunday 2 May 2010

Telegram Sam

At the start of my third day walking I passed Sam, a young chap who was end to ending in 30 days. Respect.
I've had no signal for two days but I've found that by standing under the bridge by the harbour orange works intermittently.
I'm now In Helmsdale, a pretty little harbour village with 3 pubs and a chippy. Who could ask for anything more.
My feet are OK despite yesterdays blister but one toe is really sore, probably going to lose the nauil before long.
I am the only one in the YH which sleeps 24.
Been through a hail storm and a fair bit of rain but undaunted.
Day off walking tomorrow, 51 miles done.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

1 comment:

  1. Steve,
    Let me introduce myself. My name is Russell Whitmore, also from Redditch and like you is in progression of doing an End to End walk, but a lejog for myself.
    Am at Redditch at moment on a rest day, but start from Kinver tomorrow.
    Plan to be in Drymen myself on the 19th May. There is a pub in the centre, fancy having a drink there?
    my website and a link to my live blog is www.russwalk.co.uk
    Be nice hearing from yourself

    ReplyDelete