Wednesday 12 May 2010

Roll out the barrell

Just arrived at my backpackers hostel at 3.45 to find I can't check in until 5. So posting this to stop the boredom.
Its taken 8.5 hours today, many of them suffering quite a lot of pain in both thighs, I followed the advice about stretching and I'm sure it helped. I think the problem is that some muscles have awoken from a 30 year coma. I'm sure a day off will help.
Most of the day, which has been gloriously sunny, I was staring at Ben Nevis.
I hear that there has been some discussion about my frequent mention of my drinking habits so, for Maggie's benefit I want to say that I didn't have a drink yestertday. It didn't stop me remembering the Cairngorm Black Gold I had in the Fiddlets in Drumnnadrochit (the beer pump was hidden behind all the whisky bottles) or the Cill Chuilmein Best Bitter at the Lock Inn in Fort Augustus.
A couple of views of Ben Nevis for you
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

4 comments:

  1. alan.haresnape12 May 2010 at 17:15

    you should be commended,almost teetoal. You also nearly never had directions that you sent as it arrived at post office and we thought it was a late birthday card. £1.10 you owe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a pattern emerging here - I had to pay £1.10 to retrieve the directions I was sent too!! I suspect the postage went on a local brew instead which you knew you were going to miss for a few weeks :-)
    Enjoy FW tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve love the views of Ben Nevis. I think you deserve a drink at the end of your day and also it will help you sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning. i would also advise necking a couple of pints of water at the end of your walk as it will rehydrate your muscles

    ReplyDelete