Monday 28 June 2010

Wherever I lay my hat, that's my home

I've lost count of the places I've stayed at and but each night they've been a haven for me, and I've always been greeted with a friendly smile and wished well as I've left. I was even upgraded in Chard so I had my own bathroom. I suspect because guests from other places have phoned their complaints about me.
I've stopped in Stockland, about one third of todays journey done, and the landlord has taken pity on me and sold me a lemonade.
Its another hot day but with a pleasant breeze and my right foot is painful but a little better than yesterday.
I wonder why I bothered to get in in time for the footbal yesterday. Watching it was more painful than walking.
I'm in Devon now, I can tell because the wheelie bins have changed.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your foot is a bit better. I won't ask if you enjoyed the football!! jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh go on Jane ask away....Mobile /landline was bad today, so hope tomorrow is a good day for you. Nearly there..or as the song goes "Almost There"
    Reg "rooting" for you, and is so proud of you,but can you finish soon it's your turn to mow his lawn!! love as always, Helen,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve, well you are doing a fantastic job especially with a painful foot. I think everyone is so proud of you and rightly so. The end is really in sight now and I am sure you are starting to dream of sleeping in your own bed and putting your feet up for a few days.Joy @ SOS

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wheelie bin thing works round here as well. West Norfolk, East Cambs and Fenland (ours) all have different ones - so if you are lost at least you always know which area you are in. In Ireland it works the same way but in their case they all have flags for their county sports teams. The Irish have more style. Viv

    ReplyDelete
  5. your doing great uncle steve....what you going to do next...great wall of china! lotsa love as always lisa,mark,chloe,billy+dexter xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. boo hoo. poorly foot. what did you think was going happen with all of this walking? i'm teething at the moment and i can tell you that it's REAL MANS PAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you would struggle to find anyone who has walked the JOGLE in better weather than you have had throughout Steve - it's been brilliant!! When you're planning your next walk, let me know and I'll know to book a UK holiday then!! Strap some cushions from the guest house to your feet for the last week - it'll break you in gently to walking on carpets again!! KOW

    ReplyDelete