Saturday 26 June 2010

I am a cider drinker

I'm in Somerset now so today's title had to be something by the Worzels. I'm stopping with Jo and Rob, and little Alexander. I was treated to a glass or two of Rob's home produced cider last night, very palatable.
I think that Alexander believes that Santa has come to stay as he's on his best behaviour and is being very attentive to me.
White whiskers clearly have their uses.
I hadn't realised how hilly this part of the world is but I had 5 or 6 fairly long climbs yesterday and together with the heat and a couple of new blisters it turned into a pretty tough walk. I intended to celebrate getting to Shepton Montague with a pint at The Montague but it ha closed for the afternoon when I arrived, oh well these things can't be helped.
Off to Yeovil today, when I arrive I will be only 10 days from finishing.
Pic is a view across the Mendips
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

2 comments:

  1. my friends who did the lejog bike ride said they were shocked at the hills in devon and cornwall. a tough few days ahead i think so get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. End is in sight. Have a cider or 2 for me, its my favorite! It must be really tough going and a pub being closed must have seemed like the last straw. Keep thinking of Lands End (easy to say when you're not the one walking with blisters and in high temp. too) Hope things improve take care and we're all dead proud of you. Jane

    ReplyDelete