Wednesday 2 June 2010

Half way to paradise

Or, if you like - What a difference a day makes.
I've made it to the half way stage, both in miles and walking days. I can't describe how good that makes me feel, its worth all the pain - I think!
The last two days couldn't have been much more different. Todays weather has been glorious, churlishly I'd say it was too hot. The people I've met have been different as well, Mrs Briggs stopped her car to donate a fiver and Paul at the Black Bull in Great Smeaton opened his pub specially to serve me a lime and lemonade. People are just so kind.
This evening I went with Al to the local and downed a couple of pints of Widgley's Mild.
Today's pic is the bridge at Croft on Tees, when I walked over it I left Durham and entered Yorkshire.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

7 comments:

  1. Well done on reaching the half way point. I hope the feet are holding up well. We're jealous of all these good ales you are sampling (but not the walking to get to them!)

    Janet and Cliff

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi steve, just spent ime with june and a bottle of wine...mmmmluvverly helen,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're doing great and the sponsorship is almost a grand online at the moment. less than 200 miles to redditch so keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. helloooo, your doin great uncle steve. Thankyou from chloe for her bday card and pressies, she has been spoilt rotten!!! I hope the weather stays nice for you lotsa love lisa and co xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you:) Remember to keep a note of all the best places to stay and the best places to eat... Glad the weather is great there, we have had double our usual rainfall for May and it looks like continuing through June...gonna be a grand winter down under.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Steve, you are doing great! Half way down, the rest is down hill!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Steve, Made up you've past the half way mark. Just celebrated another year older. Wish I could join you but you know my feet wouldn't hold out.
    Hope to see you soon
    xxxx
    Alison

    ReplyDelete