Saturday 5 June 2010

He aint heavy, he's my brother

Just finished my 30th day on the road, Northallerton to Ripon and over 17 miles. Alan joined me and I have to say that he did extremely well, we made good time and managed a few pints of Black Sheep Bitter before Karen came to collect us.
Sad to say that Al has now seized up and has a couple of blisters. I have great respect for anyone who opts to walk a full day without any preparation, I know I couldn't do it.
Hope he recovers and is walking better soon, he looks absolutely knackered now.
I asked Al to walk in front on busy sections today, I think he thought it was for safety reasons but really it was so I didn't have to look at his Liverpool FC shirt.
I've covered over 500 miles but the hardest steps have been each morning here when I have to face this picture as I come down the stairs
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

5 comments:

  1. any idea when you will be at parkgate on Monday and where can I see you to wave my SOS banner to wish you well?
    Tracy
    SOS Rotherham

    ReplyDelete
  2. what are they going to do now that the darling rafa is leaving? who will spend all of the money? the big bunch of ladies

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats the best picture so far....hee hee. Billy said would you like to spend a night in his L.F.C Bedroom? Night night xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pic of the Anfield Shrine. Always said Alan was the intelligent one in the family. Keep on truckin' Steve. Downhill now. Len D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve
    Any details you or your team can give me about your whereabouts in or around Duffield on Thursday 10th June? Unfortunately I am at work that day but would like to come and buy you a pint in the evening. There's a magic pub called the Holly Bush in Holbrook that you should try to get to mate.
    E mail at richardm@nya.org.uk or text/call to 07739 953520.
    Cheers
    Richy Mckie
    PS - Glad you remebered the painted on moustache and not the crap I was throwing out to all and sundry from behind the scrum.
    PPS - you've got Mourinho, we've got our physio! Rovers 3 Everton 0

    ReplyDelete