Thursday 24 June 2010

Come on Eileen

My companion today was my future Son in Law Aaron and he was really good company, he had me in fits of laughter when he was discretely attending to a call of nature only for a lady in a 4x4 to drive through the gateway into the field. Don't know who was more embarrassed.
Our route took us through the lovely town of Bradford on Avon and right past Eileen and Derek's (Aaron's parents). We spent a good couple of hours there and dined on a sumptuous lunch. Thanks very much Eileen, both for lunch and the donation from the both of you. All I need now is for Eileen to get a caravan and get in front of me each to provide lunch.
I'm well impressed with Aaron as I walked him hard today and despite his blisters and aching legs he completed the day without complaint, well done.
The days I've spent in Corsham have been great, I've been really well looked after and will have to walk hard over the next few days to get back to my fighting weight.
Pics show Bradford on Avon, happy walkers after lunch, Radstock and tired walkers with Butcombe bitter
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

3 comments:

  1. good on ya aaron....and you too uncle steve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. impressing your future father-in-law is always a great idea!! Walking whilst in pain is even more impressive!! Well done for keeping up with Steve. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cliff Griffiths26 June 2010 at 08:42

    Scottish contingent catching up after computer problems. Brilliant progress. If you can survive the shock of meeting Richie Mckie you must find anything possible. Will be following the final days with interest

    ReplyDelete