Saturday 26 June 2010

Its been a good year for the roses

A chance remark this morning by Rob led to this title, and there's a pic to show it.
After a hearty breakfast I set off at 9.00 with 3 companions - Rob, Jo and little Alexander. They walked with me for the first 1.3 miles (Alexander ran most of it) and it was a great send off.
Less hills today but just as much sunshine led to another fairly slow walk but who can complain when walking through villages with names such as Compton Pauncefoot and Queen Camel ( must win a prize for that one).
I stopped for a lemonade in QC and collected some donations. Honestly, when I say lemonade that's what I had. I'm a big boy and don't always have to have beer.
The good news is that my left foot is no longer hurting, the bad news is that's because I've developed an enormous blister under my right foot and the pain from that blocks out everything else.
Still, only 180 miles to go and a ccouple of pints of Banks's Best should help numb the pain.
Pics today are my companions, roses and the church at Compton Pauncefoot.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

5 comments:

  1. shandy doesn't count as a soft drink

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Steve, glad to see your still trooping along. the photos looks great. well done you, its an awesome challenge that will soon be complete.them boots still going in the ocean at lands end??
    tracy
    sos rotherham

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Steve doesn't throw them in..I will!

    keep up with the lemonade, I'm sure its doing you good. love helen,xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. keith Haresnape27 June 2010 at 22:00

    Hi steve I hope all is going well, sorry I haven't been in touch so far, you know what im like with computers and have been extremely busy. We are all very proud of you. I hope the blisters aren't too bad, keep on trucking :) all our love the welsh Haresnapes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear you are getting on well, and you look so fit on it! Thanks for not posting pictures of your feet, it sounds like they're not pretty.
    Best wishes
    Paul

    ReplyDelete