Tuesday 22 June 2010

Ease on down the road

You may think that I'm running out of song titles and that's the reason that I'm blogging 3 days in one. Actually, I forgot to bring my charger with me so I've not had any technology to use until Helen came today with the appropriate bit. Apologies to all.
Since my last post I've walked from Evesham to Andoversford in the Cotswolds with Jon and Paul, then on to Oaksey in Wiltshire with Steven and finally to Corsham by myself.
The Andoversford walk was simply stunningly beautiful - across the Vale of Evesham and up into the Cotswolds. Winchcombe is a must revisit for me.
The walk to Oaksey wasn't so spectacular but Stevens company more than made up for it, and we did go right through Cirencester - another revisit methinks. We also had the privelage of having to wait 2.5 hours for the Wheatsheaf to open for our end of walk drink. It may be worth contacting Guinness book of records. I also missed the opportunity of photographed the Thames as a babbling brook.
Today was another long walk through pretty countryside, Malmsbury being the highlight until I got to Corsham to begin Katy's birthday celebrations.
She's a star as she's spent this afternoon stood outside Sainsburys collecting for Alzheimers.
Pics show the Stratford walkers ready for Andoversford, alnshouses in Cirencester, view of Malmsbury and Katy and me supporting Alzheimers Society
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

7 comments:

  1. Well Dad, you finally made it to Corsham and my 1st comment on seeing you after several weeks was... "You were lucky"!

    Now many people know that my organisational skills are not the greatest, and my geography is even worse. So having lost the 1st set of instructions on when & where to pick Dad up and the email he also sent, I had to rely on a text with the post code, area and the pub name Dad sent via text – simple hey… shame the post code was wrong!
    I nearly went to Cheltenham to pick him up, which is nearly 2 hrs away and yes believe it or not it has an Oaskey and a Wheatsheaf pub too.
    It was sheer luck that I ignored Sat Nav and for the 1st time in my life getting lost paid off, as there was Dad and Steve sat in the closed pub in the area with no signal. As I said ‘lucky’. But for all the worry it was great to see Dad looking well. Lovely to see Steve Jayne too.

    On a separate note collecting for charity opened up my eyes to the people who will benefit for all the money raised.
    It was very moving to hear stories from the people donating. So good on you Dad and to all the people who have sponsored you xx

    Love Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing so well, and we're all ready for our "jollies" with you in cornwall,,so hurry up.. will start even quicker!

    His next quest Sandy, is the gardening and visiting his Mum and our Reg who are ardent followers of his trek.!!

    Lots of messages keep steve going, so ..share a joke or news to brighten his day ,Thanks helen,xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, Haven't posted for a while but still been following you (even when out of touch by looking on Google Maps)
    Not long now to the very end...........I'm sure the return journey won't be as tough.
    Thanks for the help with Mike.
    Keep it going
    Peter xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi steve I hope you found somewhere where you could could enjoy a pint or 2 watching England this afternoon. You must be very proud of Katy collecting outside Sainsbury's and on her birthday as well. Glad Helen arrived with your charger as I was starting to wonder where you were!! Hope the heat has not been too much of a problem for you. Take care luv Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello, glad your back, i'd been wondering where you were....thought the aliens had abducted you. Love the photo of you and our katy she's a little star. love lisa and gang xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The aliens have out him back on the road again...it's about time Zack sent grandad a message or the latest photo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another 4 soldiers died today, bring our boys home..donate now to give them reason to know their not forgotten.

    ReplyDelete