Friday 18 June 2010

Relax

Three days relaxation at home was great. Finished it off with a tasty lamb stir fry at the Shahi last night.
Now sitting outside the Navigation in Wooton Wawen, enjoying a pint of Bath Ales Golden Hare whilst waiting for my afternoon walking companions to show up.
This morning I walked some of the Arden Way, not such a good idea considering the nettles, thistles, and tall crops I had to plough through. Not to mention the 30 or so young cows ( think they're called fiers) who took exception to my presence. They kept an intimidating close watch on me, breaking into a trot towards me from time to time. I reckon It was only my poles and my Crocodile Dundee whilst walking the last 100 yards backwards that kept them away. Sorry to say I wasn't brave enough to stop for a photo.
Some pics of Redditch

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

3 comments:

  1. Hi Steve, You have obviously had a great break at home and I am sure this last leg will seem to go much quicker. I hope your batteries are fully recharged and everything goes well for you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve - on the home straight now! I'm sure the rest at home helped enormously to re-charge those batteries! Best of luck fro the remainder. The Airdrie Support Crew!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Steve, so glad you enjoyed your 'rest' at home. As they say "there's no place quite like home" Hope you have got plenty of people to walk with you, as you say it must help pass the miles. Keep going Jane

    ReplyDelete