Sunday 13 June 2010

Flying without wings

I just seem to be making so much progress, and its down to two things. Firstly, having walking partners now on a regular basis - tomorrow its going to be Stuart and Tony and then I've got companions for the first 3 days after my break in Redditch. Secondly, I'm now on home territory and sleeping in my own bed. Be it ever so humble there's no place like home.
Yesterdays walk was leisurely and pleasant, included a pint of Mucky Duck and a pint of Black Sheep ( this was a gift from an admirer, Maggie, so I couldn't refuse). I can't work out the rail system where I get charged different prices for single tickets between the same two stations but in opposite directions.
A couple of pics on the canal from Burton to Lichfield
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

2 comments:

  1. Snaps
    Keep it going mate. I may join you every time England play after last night, just to get away from the hyped up bunch of no marks that insist we have the best league in the world and then crap it when they play a junior nation.
    Enough - if a woman kept doing that to you, why would you keep hanging on?
    Anyway - down hill now on the LeJog, with 3 rest days and lots of company, walking through Shakespeare's own land. Read Winter's Tale if you want to imagine how he saw the beautiful countryside you are walking through.
    Go 'ead Snapper!
    Richy Mckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday, hope you had a great walk. I probably would have slowed you down anyway, getting out of condition now.

    Russ

    ReplyDelete