Friday 4 June 2010

On Ilkley Moor Bah Tat

Its the only Yorkshire song I've heard of.
I have to say that I'm slowly changing my mind about Yorkshire. I've always held the view that the best thing out of Yorkshire was the road to Lancashire but now I reckon its the people. Everyone I've met has been so friendly. Today I've been invited into 2 gardens for tea and had donations from two others, Bernadette Lobo in Staveley gave me a tenner - very lucky really as I was at least a mile off route at the time. Andrew Kennedy who gave me a cuppa also produced a video of me for Youtube, how surreal is that?
I've been really well looked after by Al and Karen and I'll be sorry to leave in a couple of days but the call of the south is strong and I have to go.
It won't be long now before I get to Redditch and a whole 3 days off.
Its been a good day today, my feet and legs behaved and I heard from Russell that he's completed his walk to JOG in 7 weeks, just fantastic.
I was also really lucky that Al just happened to drive past with an ice cream for me, it pays to have local connections.
Having completed day 30 today I will be walking day 29 tomorrow with Alan.
I reckon the house in the pic is Copgrove Hall, but I may be wrong
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

3 comments:

  1. you look like an old pro on the video. well old anyway :-> very bizarre but cool that you are having an adventure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like Yorkshire cos there's a lot of it. It takes 2 hours to drive right through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve, you are doing a fantastic job so far. I am so pleased you have had a re think about Yorkshire because you do know it is Gods Country lol. You take care and time to soak up all glorious yorkshire has to offer.
    Joy SOS.

    ReplyDelete