Tuesday 8 June 2010

Rain drops keep falling on my head

What a surprise last night when Richard and Liz walked in to my hotel. It was really good to be able to share a meal with them and to gossip about friends and families.
True to their word they were back again this morning so that Richard could join me and Liz could act as back up in the camper van. What a great incentive to get under way in the rain.
After an hour we met Tracy from SOS and there will shortly be a piece in the Rotherham paper about me.
The weather improved as the day wore on and I even got a donation from a passing driver.
What was potentially a bad day turned out really good thanks to my companions, and they may even join me again in Cornwall.

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

5 comments:

  1. hi Steve, it was really nice to meet up with you today, keep up your fantastic effort, and I am informed there will be other SOS Coordinators cheering you on when you reach Land's End

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve. Fancy some company on 20th for the day? Brilliant effort so far mate and such good causes. All the best and see you soon. Steve Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress Steve. Chesterfield counts as Midlands (it used to say it on the railway signs.)Some people think Queens Park is the most beautiful cricket ground in England. Enjoy your day off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. alan haresnape8 June 2010 at 23:03

    glad to see you arrived ok. Our house is very quiet and smells lovely Ha Ha He He
    Al played golf today 5mile no probs even in the rain. Week today nearly home few days being a grandad Enjoy !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve - what a great effort. - I can't believe how you are keeping to your schedule. - If it was not for the pictures and the comments from the other walking with you, I'd have sworn you must be getting the train! No perhaps not - you are more punctual than that!

    Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete