Monday 14 June 2010

Homeward bound

Dear Santa: I would like a pair of legs for Christmas

Today is the day that I've walked into Redditch, my home town, and I've shared the journey with Stuart ( my son) and my old mate Tony.
What a great day, along the canal from Birmingham to Kings Norton, and then down the roman road to Redditch via the Coach and Horses in Wetheroak ( we did partake of a few ales whilst on site but modesty prevents me from telling how many),
After braving the nettles and thistles of Tony's footpath over the fields, and then the errant golfballs on Abbey golf course we were greeted with a welcome party of Helen, Jenny, Beth, baby Zack and Trin the dog who had all walked down to meet us. It brought a tear to my eye, goodness knows what I'll be like at Lands End.
I've said it before but having walking partners really helps, I just don't know where the miles go when I'm not on my own.
3 whole days off now before I see my friends in Stratford.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

6 comments:

  1. nice day today. glad i only have to do one though

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo...is it time for a well earned curry now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clive has a few aches and pains, but was still able to play golf on saturday, good job he didn't go further!! Zach looks very contented on grandad's lap - he is really cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing so well! Have a great few days at home, and Hi to Helen and all the family.
    Love
    Viv

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done. I can't tell you how impressed I am - so I won't. I'll leave that till Land's End. In the meantime enjoy the rest and forget about the rest (of the walk)

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like you are back on the road again tomorrow. Good luck and hope the weather is not too hot for you

    ReplyDelete