Monday 5 July 2010

Tomorrow

Yes, its the big day tomorrow, but first I have to tell you what's been happening recently.
Yesterday was something of an enigma in that I really didn't feel like going, it was forecast to rain and I left without my trusty first aid kit. Nevertheless, I walked well and finished the 21 miles in under 8 hours.
I was reminded that pride cometh before a fall when I walked past a large party of scouts who were strolling along the other pavement, as I caught them and started to pass I could here the comments about the remarkable old man walking from JOG to LE. Full of pride I puffed out my chest and increased my pace, they were soon left trailing and when they were out of sight I just had to stop to get my breath. A little later on I got to St Austell and tripped over a pavement, ending up sprawled on the floor. I suppose I had it coming.
I got my first view of the sea since Scotland just after leaving Lanlivery.
The predicted rain arrived and I ended the day soaked, despite a mercy dash by Stu at halfway with dry gear.
My feet are much improved although I did develop a new blister which appeared in the early hours this morning.
Pics, a couple of interested bystanders, the pub that I didn't stop at, a different view of Truro
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

2 comments:

  1. Steve,
    On the eve of a very important and, what will be, a very emotional day for you, let me congratulate you on behalf of everyone North of the Border - if you ever return, you'll receive a hero's welcome.......just like the England World Cup Team when they flew back from South Africa, into Glasgow!!!!
    Joking aside, it's been an enormous achievement and we wish you a fantastic week of celebration with the family down there.
    Best of British - we salute you Dave, Debs 'n the lads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve, I just wanted to wish you well for tomorrow, its an amazing thing you have acheived for two fab charities. This week your picture was published in the Rotherham Advertiser of us two when we met up at Whiston outside the Sitwell arms on your leg to Chesterfield.
    I am thrilled to have met you and delighted that your mammoth journey ends tomorrow. I wish you well for the future and get them boots thrown in the sea. Good luck
    Tracy
    A/C Rotherham
    Support Our Soldiers

    ReplyDelete