Monday 5 July 2010

This could be the last time

It's finally arrived, one more day to go and I become an ex walker. Brilliant.
I know that I couldn't have got this far without the support that you've all provided. There's been many a time when I've felt like there's been a whole crew of people walking with me and that's kept me going when I've been at a low ebb.
Today was a bad day simply because I started so tired. I never felt that I got into any rhythm or pace and it was just a long hard plod for over 20 miles. Amazingly I was still in the pub just after 4 for my end of walk pint of Tribute, even collected 8 quid at the end of the day.
Tomorrow starts with Beth and Aaron ( obviously a glutton for punishment) joining me before Stu takes over from Beth for the end of the day. Half the walk will be along the seafront, right past St Michaels Mount, should get a good pic to post.
Tonights photo is one of the many Cornish disused tin mine engine houses
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

5 comments:

  1. hope you enjoy your last day of your pub crawl! lotsa love lisa, mark, chloe, billy and dexter xxxxx What an achievment xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet again let me say how proud you've made us Haresnapes feel. Personally I've loved your witty blog, and will miss reading it. Perhaps you should take up writing one anyway? A brilliant effort - may the road no longer rise to greet you, as you take a well earned rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last day. Well done , Steve. Today's end of walk pint will taste the best of all.

    Take it easy and put your feet up.

    Congrats.

    Joey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Steve, can't believe its 'D' day. Its great you've got the family walking with you when you finish. Really really proud of you. You could do a return trip from LE to JOG!!!!!!!!! see you in August love jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Steve, Ive just seen the photos taken by Sue on Support Our Soldiers Forum, your look tanned and fit, hope you can now give your feet a rest and take life a bit easier. Thank you for all your efforts on behalf of this fab charity, sincere thanks & respect
    Tracy
    A/c Rotherham
    Support Our Soldiers

    ReplyDelete