Friday 2 July 2010

5,4,3,2,1

Manfred Mann I seem to remember.
Yes folks I now have 5 days to go, 95 miles.
Awake early with excitement so posting while I've got a signal.
Yesterday I walked across the high moor in very strong head winds, it felt like I walked half as much again but I managed to check into the Prince of Wales hotel just as the torrential rain was starting.
What a bonus that was as it lashed down most of the night.
The other bonus was this pub is the home of Dartmoor brewery, so Jail Ale was again on the evening menu.
The landlord and his family come from the Wirral, Little Neston. A pub full of scousers next to the prison - make your own jokes up.
Got quite a surprise yesterday when an Adder slithered out of the grass right in front of me, a first sighting for me.
Pics across the moors and Dartmoor prison.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

2 comments:

  1. Well done Steve - the third and last country on the trek. Some of the place names will sound foreign. Only 95 miles - you make it sound easy. I suppose relative to what you have already done it must feel like a short walk! A guy passed the end of our track this morning with a an even bigger rucksack than yours. Doing Lands End to John o' Groats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. alan.haresnape2 July 2010 at 21:45

    thoroughly enjoyed your blog even missed it when you had your days off. dont know what will do when you finish. again well done hope to catch up with a golf game soon, i came second sunday in comp still not cut though.lol

    ReplyDelete