Thursday 8 July 2010

Everybodys gone surfin

Sorry people but I'm getting addicted to blogging, could be worse - the addiction could be walking.
I'm going to keep it up, at least until I have a chance to sort out how much money's been raised and been able to thank everyone properly.
Sun was shining today so it was off to Gwithian to catch some waves ( that's surfer talk - I'm a quick learner). Helen and Katy looked after Zack while Stu, Beth, Aaron and I went in the water. Two firsts for me - I've never worn a wet suit before and I've never been on a surf board. So glad that I've lost some weight on my way from JOG, I looked porky enough in the suite anyway.
I did get my feet on the board a couple of times but I'm glad that I walked better than I surfed.
The day nearly ended badly when Aaron lost his wallet, fortunately there are some honest people about and he was able to collect it intact from St Ives police station.
Check out the surfer dudes in the pic
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

1 comment:

  1. Well Yo Dude! Did you get to hang ten? I don't think you should hang up your walking boots just yet. There's a great walk from Cape Reinga to Bluff... I think it might be a wee bit longer, but not much...or, there's the coast walk, right around the coast line...I am sure you could do the equivalent in the UK of that one.
    See you in May 2011! We'll go for a walk together.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete