Monday 12 July 2010

Back to life, back to reality

We left Cornwall on Saturday (Katy and Aaron and Beth and Stu went on Friday) and took our time getting home. We stopped in Bodmin for coffee and Exeter for lunch so that we made Redditch around 5.00.
Our friends Liz and Adrian had stuck congratulations banners to the house for our arrival, what a great surprise.
Sunday was a chill out day, sitting in the garden with the newspapers and a little gardening before a long afternoon watching sport on TV.
I've checked on the justgiving websites today and I'm overwhelmed at the generosity of everyone. Seeing a donation from people I met in Fort William, which seems so long ago, was amazing.
Now I have to start collecting the pledges before I can finally pass on all of the donations. So I'd like to ask anyone who has got any collection sheets on the go to let me know and also to collect the pledges for me please.
Tomorrow I need to start replying to some of the many emails received and also get my CV into order to look for work.
Exeter cathedral and the handywork of Liz and Adrian
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

3 comments:

  1. Snapper - I hear that The Pyke Cup is at Caldy on Oct 1st. Get here and the first (few) beers are on me at the post golf dinner. Awesome mate. Len

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep round of golf sounds like back to your reality ! Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi steve, i'm sure you've heard of or seen "Wainwright Walks" so how about "snapper's walks" I have got some money for you. Would you prefer the money before we see you in August or can it wait until then? Speak to you soon love Jane

    ReplyDelete