Friday 23 July 2010

That's life


It's over a week since I last blogged, so apologies to anyone who's still reading this. It is difficult to get a new angle each day now I'm home, as most days are the same for an old bloke with not much to do.
We did go up to Wirral last w/end and stopped with Reg (my father in law) and I'm delighted to say that he's looking really well, so well that he accompanied me to the local tip and bought me a  pint on the way back. I seem to be a  tip groupie at the moment, I've been to several dotted around the countryside, including Worcs, Warks, Berks, Wilts and now Merseyside. That would be a new spin on LEJOG, visiting the waste sites in each town that you go through - think I'll leave it for someone else.
I got my first round of golf on Wed, not having picked  a golf club up for three months, and finished leg weary and with sore feet. I'm going to have to start some exercise before I drop back into my previously non energetic lifestyle. 
Finally got my official photo and certificate for completing the walk so all I've got to do now is to add up all of the donations, currently standing at a total of over £2600 - truly amazing.
Also applied for an application form to apply for a job, more about that if any progress is made.

4 comments:

  1. thats a great photo. good luck with the job search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see your still updating, like myself. Enjoy the "easier" walk around the golf course, who knows it might improve your game/handicap

    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the job hunting. What are you looking for?
    Don't give up the blog...let it grow:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the blog! We do enjoy reading it. If you do decide to do a walk round the tips of Britain, we can direct you to most of the ones in Cambridgeshire and Norfolk! Viv

    ReplyDelete