Tuesday 6 April 2010

Back on track


Well, the intervention of all sorts of things have kept me from making as much progress as I wanted to. The worst winter for many years meant that walking regularly was out of the question, then I went to Spain for a short golf holiday, only to find out that my Mum in Law had sadly died just after I got there. The build up to, and aftermath of the funeral kept me from walking for another couple of weeks. Then there was the happy arrival of my first grandchild - Zack. Again very distracting for a budding walker.I'm still experimenting with blogging so will try and attach a photo of my new best friend.
Here I am then with only 3 weeks to go and trying to step up training. I am regularly doing 15 miles or so and plan next week to have a 3 day tial walk with full kit. Before that though I'm off to Worcester to walk a few miles with the great Sir Ian Botham on his latest charity escapade.
I've booked all my accommodation now so there is no way I can give up.
Still not sorted out the phone technology, probably will get an Iphone and hope I can learn to use it in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment