Wednesday 28 April 2010

All my bags are packed

The dirty deed is done and I've crammed as much as I can into my miniscule backpack. I have then packed that into a large kit bag which I intend to send for recycling when I get to JOG, I reckon that it should protect the much more important inner bag on the two flights.  We wait and see. Probably will have to pay a little overweight though.
There doesnt seem to be any hold ups on the flight yet, so given fair wind I'll be at JOG this time tomorrow.
Yesterday I spoke with most of the family and then talked to Dave, Cliff and Clive - all of whom have been kind enough to offer me accommodation on route. Dave and Cliff are even walking some days with me. Respect guys.
Finished gardening this morning, cut the lawns to within an inch of their lives and then made a tearful trip to the tip, how I'll miss that place while I'm away.
Also we've brought forward our Thursday curry night to tonight, we'll probably end up in the Shahi Palace in Redditch, if you're ever in town I can recommend it - bring your own beer. Aaron and Katy called yesterday, they've just got back from JOG and stopped in Wick where I'll be on Friday night. They reported a good curry house there so maybe I'll give that a go.
the flight is at 7.15am so its an early start tomorrow, probably end up with lots of room around me on the plane after my meal tonight.

1 comment:

  1. you didn't tell me you were using wind power. be there in double time!

    ReplyDelete