Wednesday 14 April 2010

After the sunshine

Well, I duly completed my walk to Stratford as promised, about 15 miles, not counting the wrong turns on the various footpaths that I vowed not to use. Most of it I was listening to Marcus Brigstock on my Ipod. Its not a good idea to download a book and in several chapters and then press shuffle. Mind you it was iunteresting trying to work out what had gone on before each out of order chapter.
Survived the walk, but sadly both heels are now sporting blisters.
Still, met Griggsy for a pint in Wetherspoons - it certainly seems that I left SDC not a moment too soon judging by what is going on there now.
I see the blisters as part of the trial, when I'm on the walk I will have to carry on regardless - Ooh Matron!
and if I can go out tomorrow for the Birmingham walk it will stand me in good stead for the future.

1 comment:

  1. I am feeling your pain cousin:). I went horse riding for the first time in 25 years 4 days ago and am still hobbling. I can only imagine how the horse feels. I was planning on joining you soon, but unfortunately there's a volcano in Iceland with different ideas. Just another message from God telling me that immense physical exertion is not for me:). Keep a good eye on those blisters, they can turn nasty. Anyhoo, we are with you in spirit. Stay strong, kia kaha e hoa ma. (Maori for stay strong my friend).

    ReplyDelete