Tuesday 19 April 2011

It's just another day in the life of a census collector.

Since I last posted I've been really busy with my census work, most dys spending all afternoon and evening pounding the mean streets of Redditch - knocking on doors and generally harrassing people into filling their forms in. I got my allotted hours in by Friday afternoon and was able to spend the weekend with Stu, Beth and Zack. The weather was good but the barbeque that we intended to build didnt get done, instead we made some extremely large raised flower boxes. It was a nice change for me and I felt much relaxed by the time I got home.
I had another busy day on the streets yesterday and then this morning I felt fit enough to go running. It was hot but I only took 15 minutes to run round my 2.5k route (without stopping again!). I didn't feel too bad either when I finished.
I've now done the route 5 times and I reckon that next week I should be able to stretch it a little further. I was put in my place on Sunday when Stu said he'd be going later for a 9 mile run, it's going to take me some time before I get to that stage.
After the run today I went over to Stratford for some training on the elections which take place in a couple of weeks and then went out to knock on doors for the census, typical of me to have no job for over a year and then get two on the same day.  I wiull be pleased when May comes and I can return to my retirement bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment