Thursday 21 April 2011

Another day, another run

I've just got back from my latest tour round my 2.5k route, 16 minutes without stopping and no leg problems to worry about. I went out at 9.30 to avoid the hot weather later on but it was still pretty warm and I was dripping when I  got home. It seems that all the towns dog walkers had the same idea and I was dodging errant dogs all around the route, at one point having to detour slightly to avoid a mass brawl.
I'll be out later on census work, this is getting easier as I get used to it but it still entails about 5 hours on my feet, walking up and down hills and steps. I think that last year's walk was just training for this month's work. The area is multicultural and I'm having fun trying to explain what it's about in a variety of languages. My knowledge of Urdu and Polish are non existant but being British I find that shouting and using  hand gestures are effective.

1 comment:

  1. What a shame I am not there to help...I speak Urdu in all 16 dialects!
    Well done on the running, I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete