Tuesday 24 November 2009

getting started

Ive been using google maps tro work out stopping places, with a view to generally walking no more than 20 miles in a day, and then checking if I can find any listed accommodation on line. So far so good but I'm sure it can't be that easy.
I really don't know if I should book all the stops in advance or whether to just do the first few and then book as I go along.
Still, as I'm not thinking of starting out until May (6 months away) I hope that someone can give me the right advice.
At the moment it looks like I'll be going to JOG by myself, and it'll be at least a couple of weeks before I meet up with anyone I know.
I like the irony of getting to the starting point by taxi, then walking for 10-12 weeks.
I'm also thinking of walking across both the Tay and Forth bridges, I hope its allowed otherwise I'll end up walking a couple of extra days.

No comments:

Post a Comment