Saturday 11 June 2011

A lot can happen in a year

It was 12 months ago to this date that I walked into Burton on Trent with Clive and then got the train home to Redditch to see the lovely Helen for the first time in ages. I was reminded of this earelier today when Jane phoned me to say that she'd been reading the blog and wondered what I was doing in Duffield yesterday. Nice one Jane, you were only a year out.
My spending on the new business has been going well, currently about £8000 with no income to show for it but by the end of next week I will have been trained properly and the van will be fully fitted out so that I can start earning something. I've already got a few jobs lined up and when the printing is done and the van is painted I can really start to advertise. it's really quite exciting.
 I am doing the training in Folkestone and I notice that there is a Wetherspoons only 10 minutes walk from my B&B, so after my day's work, and a run (well, you never know) I know where I will be.
I'm also making progress with the ensuite shower room and should be able to get the shower tray in by next weekend, all that needs then is tiling and the shower fitted. My target of finish by christmas should be manageable.
I've been golfing again today, playing pretty well but I'm sure that the ball that I was using was afraid of the dark, it just wouldn't fall down the hole.
We've got our first holiday dog coming on Tuesday, a young Parsons Terrier. That'll keep me on my toes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment