Sunday 3 October 2010

Rain drops keep falling

Sitting at Reg's looking out at the rain which is doing it's best to spoil an otherwise good weekend.
We drove up on Friday in very wet conditions so I could play in the annual Old Instonians golf competition at Caldy Golf Club.
Despite the rain stopping and sun coming out there weren't many of us. It was really good to meet up again with ol school mates and team mates from the rugby field. It was my first time at Caldy and I really enjoyed the views over the Dee estuary to Wales. Even better, after 4 hours I emerge as the winner.
After a quick change we were joined by more old boys for the annual dinner. Great to see John Tuohy, Pat Whearty and Len Davies. Also met up again with Joe and Richie from my walk.
The headache on Saturday was a small price to pay. Helen and I went into Chester in the afternoon for a stroll around its ancient splendour.
The day got better when Everton won, for a short while they are now above Liverpool - brilliant. All I need now is for Europe to beat USA in the Ryder Cup.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment